Timesharing is part ownership of a resort property. Owners purchase weekly intervals or points which provide the opportunity to holiday at the home resort or other resorts worldwide.
Resorts affiliate with exchange companies which provide the tools for owners to exchange their week. There is a fee for this service which ranges from $115.00 to exchange within New Zealand to between $150.00 and $200.00 to exchange internationally.
- Approximately 3 million households worldwide own a timeshare week
- There are almost 5,000 timeshare resorts worldwide, in 81 countries
- The United States leads the world in timesharing with over 2000 resorts and 2 million owners.
- In New Zealand there are 26 Resorts and approximately 25,000 timeshare owners.
- As well, many New Zealanders own weeks at resorts in Australia, Fiji, Bali and even further afield.
- The quality of accommodation and resort amenities rivals many traditional holiday accommodation properties. Amenities often include - indoor & outdoor swimming pools, golf courses, tennis and squash courts, bicycles, boats and fishing facilities, children's play areas, exercise rooms.
- For many people, one of the prime reasons for owning a timeshare week is the opportunity to exchange. Owners can exchange within New Zealand or overseas and holiday at another resort.
- Having a holiday at a well equipped and often quite luxurious resort with all the maintenance done beats rushing to a holiday house, to mow lawns, clip hedges, rake leaves, paint and do general maintenance. And there's no need to worry about security between visits!
- Worldwide more more than 2 million exchange holidays are confirmed to members each year.